In the process of aging, the skin under our arms tends to sag. This is evident at the back of the upper limb where the triceps muscles are located. Correct toning exercises, with a low-calorie and balanced diet will help to reduce the excessive fat and will allow the arm’s skin to look tight.
Try including triceps exercises to your workout plan. These exercises are done with free weights, and doing this only for two to three days a week can show results in a few weeks. Use light weights doing two or three sets of 12 to 20 repetitions.
Exercise “TRICEPS KICKBACKS” to tighten skin on arms
The objective of this exercise is to straighten your hands (180 degree), and then putting them at right angle, in the shape of L (90 deg). The exercise should be done with a dumbbell in each hand.
Stand on the floor and bend from the waist to have your body at right angle to the floor. Take a dumbbell in each hand and:
· Straighten both of your hands to the back passing your hips, your body will form a “T” shape. Exhale air during this time.
· Relax your hands to come to the previous state, vertical to ground. Inhale the air during this time.
At the end of the movement, the arms should extend along the body, with palms facing each other.
You can also take help of a flat bench, and take support of bench with one hand, and exercise with the other hand. After a set, repeat this for the other hand.
Similar exercise can also be done by standing vertically on the floor, and a dumbbell in each hand.
· Drop down (relax) your hands. Exhale air during this time.
· Fold your hands to come at right angle to floor, and then continuing the movement, try touching your shoulders with the hands/dumbbells. Inhale the air during this time.
- Don’t swing the arms.
- Repeat the above exercise(s) for about 15-20 times.
- If you are using heavier weights, do this exercise one arm at a time.
Doing this exercise on a regular basis along with following healthy diet can help you to tighten loose skin on arms.